Friday, April 26, 2013

Death Knight
Company: Dark Sword Miniatures
Part #: DSM7527
Sculptor: Dave Summers
Released: April 2013


Dark Sword Miniatures is one of these boutique miniature outfits that produces a limited amount of figures.  However, they seem to have licensed the works of many famous D&D illustrators like Larry Elmore and bring figures from their paintings to life. They also have a license to produce works from George R.R. Martin - so anyone who want that Tyrion Lannister mini, look here.

DSM does have a few undead, which I still have to pick up including this awesome spectre. But I saw this figure yesterday on Tabletop Gaming News and figured I had to have it.

Basically, a skeletal demon (the wings give it away). I'll be adding it to my Undead Chaos force, in which I have a number of undead demons already in force from a variety of manufacturers.  The question for me is how to handle them in the Piquet context.  I have a good number of these types of skeletal demons/fallen angels, enough to make a unit.  I could never field them all individually.  So I'm thinking of collecting them into a unit of a dozen "lesser demons".  Give them "flight" and "Cause Terror" and send them off to the races.  Although I think a band of demons should somehow be able to use magic as well.




No comments:

Post a Comment