Thursday, April 7, 2011

Fifty Bucks???

What I mentioned in that last post, that GW would find some sort of way to charge $40 for one single plastic war sphinx?  Yeah, I was optimistic.

Five-Oh smackaroos

GW truly is the Microsoft/Starbucks of the gaming world.  How can anyone, especially younger players, be reasonably expected to shell out 50 dollars for a plastic model?

And those interesting skeletal knights?  Riding the cobra constructs?  Fifty-Five dollars for three!

Sorry Timmy.  We can't go on vacation this year.  But I was able to build a sweet unit of cobra riders!

Fortunately for GW, being gripped in the depths of OCD, I'm far from reasonable.  So I'll definitely be buying  all the new stuff.  But this has been the problem with GW since time immemorial and a big reason why my friends and I moved away from Warhammer and eventually to Piquet.  I certainly hope that one of the companies that trail in GW's wake like Gamezone or Mantic will make similar, alternative models for people who actually want to, you know, just play with toy soldiers.

No comments:

Post a Comment