Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Rogue Necromancy - Wyrd Miniatures

Rogue Necromancy
Company: Wyrd Miniatures
Part #: WYR2050
Sculptor:
Released:


This is an interesting piece from Wyrd Miniatures for their Malifaux line of miniatures.  The Resurrectionists for Malifaux are definitely undead, but run the gamut from steampunk to Japanese mythology.  In fact, I am using some of the models for my samurai brigade.

I'm not sure why this figure is called "Rogue Necromancy".  What it is, in fact, is an undead chimera.  A monster from Greek mythology.  As such, it has a place in my Undead Acheans brigade.

The figure is a multi-part metal miniature, with the serpent and goat heads being separate, as well as one of the hind legs.  My original package mistakenly lacked the sprue with the hind leg.  An email to Wyrd miniatures was enough for them to kindly send me a new sprue at their own expense.

I haven't painted this up yet.  It will be a bit of a challenge as it requires some decent skill at blending.  But, after I get it put together and painted, it will look outstanding screening my skeletal hoplite phalanx!

No comments:

Post a Comment