Monday, November 28, 2016

WIP Undead Empire Army - Undead Emperor/General on Skeletal Griffin

When last we left off, I had assembled the skeleton griffin and primed it with Krylon Almond primer. Additionally, I had primed the Empire general rider black.


I next washed the entire griffon with GW's Agrax Earthshade. However, I forgot that the material that Mythic Articulations uses to print its models is very absorbent and I ended up making the bone color too dark a brown. You have to water down the washes to an extent. I tried to lighten it up using a dry brush of bone, but it's not really working. I'll have to reprime the entire thing.
I've pretty much finished the mounted Emperor though. Everything was primed black except the laurel-wreathed skull, snatched from an Empire banner pole and primed Almond. I went with a red and gold color scheme, although it looks maybe more Castilian than Germanic Empire? All the metal parts were painted with GW's Leadbelcher, and then lightly coated in GW's Typhus Corrosion technical paint. I then did a dry brush of Ryza Rust over the metal to make it look dirty and rusty.
I've loved that banner for years. I've always thought it should be a true undead banner - not Empire! I still need to do the feathers.







No comments:

Post a Comment